The question “what is God doing in China?” has many answers. Here are some typical ones.
Answer 1: “God is doing wonderful things in China! Last summer our church sent a mission team to China. We cannot share the gospel openly there, so when we go we serve by teaching them English. Nevertheless, our last mission team got the chance to share our faith personally with a number of students. 16 of them accepted Christ! Praise the Lord!”
Answer 2: “God is doing wonderful things in China. Christianity is the fastest growing religion there. Some reports say that there are 70 million Christians in China while some say the number may be as high as 130 million.”
Both good answers, each of them reflect a different perspective. But let me introduce the perspective of Gideon, a friend of mine:
Answer 3: “If you want to know what God is doing in China, turn to the book of Exodus. Modern China is quite similar to Ancient Egypt. Each of them was/is the biggest economy of their time. 99% of the workers work really hard without receiving the benefit of their labor. Their products are shipped overseas so that the other 1% become rich and powerful. In order to keep the economy going, the government build massive infrastructure projects employing more slave labors. If you want to know what God is doing in China, just read what God did in Egypt. God never change, what he had done before, he will do again.”
Do you think that God only cares for Christians or do you think that God cares for all people, especially the poor?
Do you think that God only cares about religious lives, or do you think that God care about economics, international relations, and social justice?
Do you think that God has changed so that He deals with us differently from the way He dealt with previous generations?
Is your God big enough for this world?
BTW, can you tell me what God is doing in your church?